6th International AR & VR Conference
Immersive Tech and the Future of Smart Cities
Call for Papers
Date: June 24, 2020 ~ June 26, 2020
Venue: Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (ISCTE-IUL), Lisbon, Portugal.
To better understand how immersive technology is impacting businesses, society and human beings, the growing and interdisciplinary community of international researcher meets at the international AR and VR conference to present and discuss recent advancements in the field. This conference has rapidly developed from a small conference on AR and VR to an established conference attracting industry professionals and researchers from various disciplines. The last conference attracted more than 200 people from more than 25 countries to Munich, Germany to present and showcase more than 100 papers and projects. In addition, keynote speakers from renowned companies, such as Microsoft, KLM, AUDI and University of Cambridge discussed new technological developments within the industry.
Asia & Korea Publicity Chair
Prof. Ohbyung Kwon (Kyung Hee University)
Instructions for Authors
All Papers/abstracts must be submitted via Easy Chair.
Authors of accepted papers will be expected to attend the conference and make a 10-15 minutes oral presentation.
◎ Journal Publication Opportunity
High quality papers from the conference will be invited for a possible special issue publication in the International Journal of Advertising (SSCI), Journal of Promotion Management (SCOPUS).
◎ Scientific and Industry Track
All paper submissions must be in English and submitted as a word file. The document file should not contain information that unnecessarily identifies the authors, their institutions, or their places of work. Extended abstract length: max. 3 pages (excl. references). All accepted papers are expected to be presented during the conference. Papers are invited to be expanded into a book chapter to be published by Springer post-conference.
◎ Poster Track
2 pages abstract: recently completed work, work in progress, or publicly presentable ideas for unimplemented and/or unusual systems or applications. All accepted posters are expected to give an oral presentation during the pre-conference and to present a poster during the main conference.
There are no strict formatting requirements. Papers should be structured and (if possible)
include introduction, methods/approach, findings/discussion and conclusion. Please submit a blind copy for the review process.
◎ Time Schedule
• Submission closes: February 15, 2020
• Notification of acceptance/rejection: March 27, 2020
• Early bird registration deadline: April 29, 2020
• Normal registration ends: May 30, 2020
• Augmented reality, virtual reality and smart cities
• Augmented reality, virtual reality and 5G
• Augmented reality, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, big data and Internet of Things
• Augmented and virtual reality adoption behavior
• Augmented and virtual reality business model
• Development and implementation of augmented and virtual reality applications
• Mobile and wearable technologies and applications
• Impacts of augmented and virtual reality on value co-creation
• Augmented and virtual reality for customer engagement
• Enhancing customer experience via augmented and virtual reality
• Legal, ethical, and regulatory issues of augmented and virtual reality
• Augmented and virtual reality marketing
• Augmented and virtual reality gamification
• New methodological approaches for augmented and virtual reality
• Augmented and virtual reality applications in tourism, events, cultural heritage,
architecture, education, retail, entertainment, health, manufacturing etc.
• Any other related topic
◎ ARVR Conference Team
Conference Host – Prof. Dr. Sandra Maria Correia Loureiro (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Conference Coordinator – Dr. João Guerreiro (responsible for all logistics) (email@example.com)
Conference Chair – Dr. Timothy Jung (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Program Chair – Dr. Mandy Claudia tom Dieck (email@example.com)